Toronto, Ontario, Canada • johnjamieson.ca
I am a new software developer and former senior financial analyst. Currently, I work at CIBC as a Production Application Support Analyst, and I am working towards completing a Computer Programming & Analysis advanced diploma at Seneca College. Previously, I had worked in finance for nine years having completed an undergraduate degree in business administration from Wilfrid Laurier University.
Advanced Diploma in Computer Programming & Analysis (CPA) (01/2021) - Present
Seneca College, Toronto, Ontario
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) (2011)
Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario
CIBC, Toronto, Ontario • Production Application Support Analyst Co-Op (01/2022) - Present
Updated and maintained multiple Python and Linux Shell scripts that were used on CIBC’s HPE NonStop production environment. Designed and built new scripts that improved production application support efficiency.
- Self-started mastering Python, the team’s preferred programming language
- Designed and built program prototypes to demonstrate potential improvements
- Migrated version control from the production environment to CIBC’s Enterprise GitHub
Entertainment One, Toronto, Ontario • Senior Accountant (11/2016 - 12/2019)
Responsible for the TV division’s monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reporting analysis. Vital senior team member that worked long hours to ensure very tight deadlines and objectives were never missed.
- Reduced monthly turnaround time on financial reporting, in some cases from a week to just hours, with automation of financial models and other improvements
- Working extensively with all the relevant internal stakeholders, coordinated the transition to the new IFRS 15 revenue standard from the old IAS 18 standard
- Created new revenue and cost of sales calculations system for hundreds of different projects in multiple currencies across multiple business entities
Circle of Care, Toronto, Ontario • Intermediate Accountant (07/2014 - 10/2016)
Created the organizations quarterly and yearly financial reports as well as performed financial analysis and creating performance dashboards for different departments.
- Trusted with managing the financial oversight of the nearly one million dollars holocaust survivors’ assistance program
Salumatics, Toronto, Ontario • Junior Accountant (05/2011 - 06/2014)
Performed the accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll functions. Also created ad hoc financial reports for management.
- Greatly improved management and department head’s access to financial information by working with stakeholders to design and automate customized metrics dashboards
- Formally recognized at management meetings as a top performer